Monday, July 27, 2009

I hate mean people!!


Time for a Rant!!!!

My boys started football tryouts this week and the fields they play on are in a residential neighborhood. The neighbors are always complaining about the traffic and people parking in front of their houses (sorry, you don't own the street in front of your house!) For those that now me well, I am a rule follower! There was a parent meeting, so there were a lot of vehicles and nowhere to park. I pulled a little west of the fields saw a "NO PARKING" sign that had an arrow pointing to the East, not the West, so I parked on the west side of the said sign. I had been parked there for maybe 45 minutes. I could see this man and woman on their porch of the house I was parked in front of and they proceeded to yell at cars driving by to slow down. So my first thought was to avoid eye contact, because I usually make eye contact with pretty much anyone and smile. These people were different and I was going to get in my car and drive away. Mind you, by this time practice is over and my 2 boys are with me. The man asks me if I am a dumb a** and why am I parking in front of his house when clearly there is a "NO PARKING" sign. I said well, the arrow is pointing that way (opposite where I was). He says, "Are you stupid, do you think that means just don't park in front of my driveway?" I said show me a sign that tells me not to park here. He says the sign right there. I say, "No, that sign is pointing that way." He warns (threatens) me not to park in front of his house again (sorry, YOU DON'T OWN THE STREET!!!!) I looked at him and said, "Are you kidding me?" I was in utter disbelief that this idiot was harrassing me in front of my kids no less! So, I know I should have held back, but I told him to go to (that really hot place) and went on my way. Drove around the block, talked to one of the coaches, went by the house again just to make sure I was right (I was=o) went home filed a report with the city of Riverton and called a friend on the league because I know these people don't like this, but, HELLO, DID YOU NOT NOTICE THE REALLY LARGE PARK THAT HAS BEEN HERE FOR A LOT LONGER THAN YOUR HOUSE THAT KIDS PLAY FOOTBALL AT?!!! Whether you like it or not, there are a lot of kids that are playing football and their parents need someplace to park, and you don't get to harrass everyone that parks in front of your house AGAIN, YOU DON'T OWN THE STREET!!! IT IS PUBLIC PROPERTY!!

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest! I was so wound up I was shaking and I wished I knew me some Karate at that moment because I would have kicked some bootey!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda!
    I am right with you - mean people are awful! Seriously - why can't they just try to be decent? Sorry you had to go through that. But good for you for standing up for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO BJ---I'm so proud of you. This-- DIP WAD, so
    called man, needs an enema for a elephant.
    Mean people suck, like he has'nt got any thing
    better to do. It makes me want to puke that he is so mean. Cause I DONT KNOW ANYONE NICER
    THAN YOU!! aunt sher

    ReplyDelete