Sunday, February 22, 2009

More Basketball


Kazen had his last game a week ago. He is so sad. He is such a hustler, all over the floor, and just an all-around good player. He is such a good kid, too! He is growing up so fast and looking more like a young man.

Daxon had a game yesterday after 2 weeks off. His team barely lost by 2 points. He did amazing this game, drove to the basket, got rebounds. He has 2 more games then his season is over. It is amazing how much they improve from the beginning of the season to the end. His dad made him get a hair cut (which I have to say I am very grateful for). He has had a shag for a long time and when I got home from school, I almost didn't recognize him because I could see his face! He is so handsome. His dad told him now he is going to get the girls.

Kesh's tournament started yesterday and it was a single-elimination tournament. we played a team that we were far better than. We were ahead 21-11 at the half. Kesh fouled out at the end of the 3rd quarter and after that we couldn't even get the ball over half court, let alone score anymore. It was awful! Her team should have won this one easily, but alas, it is not meant to be. She is going to try to find a really good camp this summer and get ready for the high school team in the fall. Her coach wants to get her to play with some college players and play at a higher level so she will be ready.

I so enjoy watching my kids play sports and am a little sad the season is almost over.

2 comments:

  1. We should have beat those guys. hey you are a coach also, so really three but you are one of my idols. hey you still have my earings dont forget. oh i found my hoodie also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprisingly crazy at my kids sport activities. I really have to control myself to not embarass my kids. I see you as a pretty calm person, do you get crazy at games?

    ReplyDelete